Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RGI
Helper III
Helper III

Something went wrong ... ReasonPrivacyError

I'm getting this error when trying to refresh a dataset

Something went wrong
Cannot connect to the mashup data source. See error details for more information.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Underlying error code-2147467259 Table: <table>.
Underlying error message[Unable to combine data] <....> references other queries or steps, so it may not directly access a data source. Please rebuild this data combination.
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources[{"kind":"Teradata","path":"database"}]
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.ReasonPrivacyError
Cluster URIWABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity <id>
Request <id>
Time2018-11-14 17:00:48Z

Any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @RGI,

Please share the IDs. I can find something in the log database. 

According to the error messages, I would suggest you change the privacy level. Please refer to the snapshot below. 

Something-went-wrong-Reason-Privacy-Error1

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

These are the IDs:

Activity IDb852608a-938e-413d-b874-66f4e89d1238
Request IDcb14abaf-6b27-46ec-a74d-cf5adf2d4274

I'll try your suggestion, although I believe the developer that just left already tried that. He managed to refresh the data using his personal gateway, but it's failing on the enterprise gateway.

Setting the privacy to none made no difference.

Any other suggestions?

Hi @RGI,

Can you share the Power Query code in the Query Editor? 

What are the data sources?

The IDs are too old. I only find that it kept saying Personal gateway isn't available. 

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This is the latest error message:

Something went wrong
Cannot connect to the mashup data source. See error details for more information.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Underlying error code-2147467259 Table: Departments.
Underlying error message[Unable to combine data] Section1/Departments/AutoRemovedColumns1 references other queries or steps, so it may not directly access a data source. Please rebuild this data combination.
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources[{"kind":"Teradata","path":"Db"}]
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.ReasonPrivacyError
Cluster URIWABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity IDb5961221-9cf8-4c92-a6e6-a8146d507d2d
Request ID88694e27-61d5-1016-8aef-febcecdf8b12
Time2018-11-19 17:09:24Z

There are many querys - and it seems to fail randomly in different places.

Hi @RGI,

Did you add any columns in the Query Editor, which query other data sources? 

I would suggest you troubleshoot it by deleting the combined queries first. 

I didn't find anything useful in the log. 

Best Regards,
Dale

I'll have to wade through the code to understand it ... not my own. I normally use an abstract layer in a database and for production report prefer to bring spreadsheets into the database.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi There,

I've got a similiar problem,

A college has shared an excel document from their one drive for business and shared it with me. The link takes me to the sharePoint destination.

The excel document has been successfully imported with a working custom function to find the addresses from lat's and long's ( 
-22.338304000000001,30.042366999999999) | PowerBI Desktop

I used the web connection to the excel document as per,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4TzHu8THoA 

This all works perfectly on the PowerBI desktop but keeps failing in the PowerBI cloud service.

From my understanding both sources are external
1.) SharePoint (which is the onedrive saved location)
2.) Google API call to retieve  

The following additional steps where test
1.) Non Staged Query 
Works perfectly on PowerBI desktop | Fails in the PowerBI Cloud Service

This is the error from the PowerBI Cloud Service:
##[Unable to combine data] Section1/Query1/AutoRemovedColumns1 is accessing data sources that have privacy levels which cannot be used together. Please rebuild this data combination##

2.) Staged Query as per https://www.excelguru.ca/blog/2015/03/11/power-query-errors-please-rebuild-this-data-combination/ 
This is the error from the PowerBI Cloud Service:
##[Unable to combine data] Section1/Sheet1 (2)/AutoRemovedColumns1 references other queries or steps, so it may not directly access a data source. Please rebuild this data combination##

3.) Excel document was moved to sharedfolder + to "c:\PorjectFolder\data.xlsx | Both results are as follows
This is the error from the PowerBI Cloud Service: Note - A Personal gateway was used and this is a NON Staged data query.

-2147467259 Table: Sheet1.
Underlying error message:[Unable to combine data] Section1/Sheet1/AutoRemovedColumns1 is accessing data sources that have privacy levels which cannot be used together. Please rebuild this data combination.
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:-2147467259

Conclusion:

It all works via PowerBI Deskop and fails on PowerBI cloud.

External sources                                                                 | Failed
Moved source to a local folder via the personal gateway | Failed

Anonymous
Not applicable

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors