Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

zartcosgrove
Regular Visitor

Something's wrong with one or more fields

I added a field to one of my Queries, and renamed a few columns in another one. 

It all works fine on my desktop, but when I publish it to PowerBI.com I'm seeing an error on affected reports saying:

Fields that need to be fixed
Something's wrong with one or more fields: (AllJobPerf) DataReadAcrossPodMB, (AllJobPerf) DataReadIntraPodMB, (AllJobPerf) DataReadMB, (AllJobPerf) DataWriteMB, (AllJobPerf) inputSizeMB
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID: 93767f96-502d-4f19-96a3-c49af94882c5
Request ID: 2afdc37a-5966-80e1-71b0-cd90e4b7562a
Correlation ID: 5795a611-a58c-46af-9637-430d20f4c91f
Time: Wed Feb 13 2019 12:24:31 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time)
Version: 13.0.8482.76
Cluster URI: https://df-msit-scus-redirect.analysis.windows.net

I have tried deleting the dataset as suggested in a prior thread here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/something-s-wrong-with-one-or-more-field/m-p/44086/highligh...

I have also tried publishing with a completely new name, and I still get the same problem. Is there something I need to do besides deleting and recreating my dataset?

Thanks,

Geoff

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am not sure of the workaround in powerbi Service, but in PowerBI server I had the following observations.

Sometimes when you change the DAX queries, unfortunately, the report in the server doesn't grab up those changes, even if you have saved it (overwriting it). It will work for a few minutes, and then later show the error which we are talking about.

The workaround I found out was deleting the file in the server, and saving it in the same folder with the same name for that file after you are happy making the changes you have done to your pbix file. Also refreshing the data, and then saving/publishing it in case of powerbi service should also help. 

Thanks,

Modasher.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This needed to be fixed

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Do you get this error when you publish the report?

Or when you are refreshing via the On-Premise Data Gateway?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

The report published without any errors. I'm getting this error when trying to open the report in the https://msit.powerbi.com/

Hi there, do you work for Microsoft?

The only reason that I ask is because normal users have https://app.powerbi.com whilst people working for Microsoft have https://msit.powerbi.com?

Power BI Blog

Yes, I work on the Azure team

Thanks for letting me know.

Another question is the report using DirectQuery or is all the data being imported?

Power BI Blog

The report is using Direct Query. I have multiple tabs using Direct Query, some of which have no problems, some of which are exhibiting this behavior.

Hi, was this ever resolved on your end.  I've seen a lot of issues regarding this now with no real solution.  Our WSA's are logging support ticket with microsoft.  We have an internal power bi server hosted and are not using cloud but Power BI Desktop (Optimized for Report Server) and this issue is becoming a huge pain for pbix templates that are updated daily.  Our refreshed work fine, works fine on the server but this problem sticks around for several hours at times until it actually reckognizes the changes, even though there is nothing wrong with the report or refresh.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Sometimes when you change the DAX queries, unfortunately, the report in the server doesn't grab up those changes, even if you have saved it (overwriting it). It will work for a few minutes, and then later show the error which we are talking about.

The workaround I found out was deleting the file in the server, and saving it in the same folder with the same name for that file after you are happy making the changes you have done to your pbix file.

Thanks,

Modasher.

Hi there

Can you confirm that you have the latest version of the On-Premise Data Gateway installed?

It appears that one of the columns in the table AllJobPerf is having an issue?

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors