Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MCMcMax
Frequent Visitor

Some users can't see values in a table, but every other visual and slicer on all other pages works

Just got off a call with one my users where we had a very strange situation where she couldn't see any values in a table. The headings were all there and the slicers on the page too, plus everything else on every other page was working fine too. When I went in through my computer there were no issues.

We tried making sure every slicer on every page didn't have something selected to see if there was some link I wasn't aware of. I also downloaded from Power BI into desktop and re-published it, but it made no difference.

So basically, there's a table of data where a particular user can't see it, but others can.

Any ideas because I've got nothing left..;-)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
otravers
Community Champion
Community Champion

You need to chase down where the "rogue filter" is coming from. I'd start by creating a new blank report page and copying/pasting the table in it to see if the problem persists. If that solves the issue, it means that you have a hidden visual somewhere in the initial report page. Use the Selection panel to find it from the View panel in Power BI Desktop.

------------------------------------------------
1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MCMcMax
Frequent Visitor

Thanks again @otravers for your continued guidance on this. So I ended up duplicating the original page in desktop, deleting the original and then re-publishing. Just heard back from the user that it worked so all good here now 🙂

otravers
Community Champion
Community Champion

You need to chase down where the "rogue filter" is coming from. I'd start by creating a new blank report page and copying/pasting the table in it to see if the problem persists. If that solves the issue, it means that you have a hidden visual somewhere in the initial report page. Use the Selection panel to find it from the View panel in Power BI Desktop.

BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals
MCMcMax
Frequent Visitor

Hi @otravers - thank you, it looks like that is the case. There's a line of data that isn't there anymore that's filtering it. The next question is - how do you turn the rogue filter off - I've asked the user to try different things left clicking and right clicking, but we couldn't find a way to remove it...

otravers
Community Champion
Community Champion

Have you looked at the "Filters" icon in the corner of the visual to rule out beyond the shadow of a doubt that no filters, slicers, cross-filters, or drill-through filters are affecting the table? There are so many ways to filter visuals, including synchronization across report pages via bookmarks or hidden slicers, that I find I always use that feature whenever a user doesn't see the same results as the default published state.

otravers_0-1656085822596.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors