Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Eduardo_Jimenez
Frequent Visitor

Some user can not view the report

Hi,

I share a report with some colleges and some of them can not view the report (via web neither mobile)

I attach anError.jpg image of the error.

How can I solve it? My colleges are starting to use the tool and it is an inconvenient if it does not work properly

Thankx

Edu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just to clarify, if your App Workspace is on Premium Capacity Power BI Free users can access it via an App.

If the App Workspace is NOT on Premium, then all users who access it via an App will require a Power BI Pro License.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there, you have not enabled any roles on the report?

You can go into Dataset, then on the dataset, click on the three dots "..." and if you have a Security Option click on that.
If you then see a name under Roles that could possibly be the issue?

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have one role with nobody assigned to that. I suppose that means that no filter is applied to anybody.

Br,

Szabolcs

I would suggest removing the role and trying again. To ensure it's not affecting anything

Power BI Blog

I have just published a new report with no roles in order to try to fix the error. I am checking it. I will you inform.

Many thankx

It has solved partially, some of the users can not still see the report.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest publishing your workspace to the app and share the content to those individuals in the App. I believe this should be the reccommended path to making Premium capacity available to free users in your environment. Otherwise, if you share the report with other users directly, they must have the PowerBI free license enabled in your environment.

Just to clarify, if your App Workspace is on Premium Capacity Power BI Free users can access it via an App.

If the App Workspace is NOT on Premium, then all users who access it via an App will require a Power BI Pro License.

Power BI Blog

At the end , it was a problem of roles that I have been using in order to simplify the report in each case. I will wait until this function will be optimized.

BTW, all users are Pro-licensed.

Thanks for the help

Edu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I experience the same with an App in the Premium Capacity. The details show a 401 HTTP Response as the source of the error. Does it the same in your case? (As a workaround, you can add the people to the app workspace to solve this)

Br,

Szabolcs

Thankx for the response hodossy

This is the details of the error...Captura3.PNG

Is the same error as yours?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I believe. Unfortunatelly I don't have a solution yet 😞

Users say to me that it is happening only last week ago. So it could be a "external" problem of us . Is the same in your case?

Thankx

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Eduardo_Jimenez, I would create a support ticket about this issue.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

You can access from the link above or have your admin create the ticket from the Office365 Admin portal.

Best of luck! Hope this was slightly helpful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors