Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Some times I get the "Visual exceed the limits" error

Somtimes when filtering my data using a slicer and displaying some info on a table I get this:

This visual has exceeded the available resources. Try filtering to decrease the amount of data displayed.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

More detailsResource Governing: The query exceeded the maximum memory allowed for queries executed in the current workload group (Requested 1048578KB, Limit 1048576KB).
Activity IDd47a125f-5d79-4110-bdea-b58132f3e0b4
Correlation ID3e8642f8-45ed-f752-e2a6-c12fe3e1a721
Request ID6049bacd-f2ef-2986-8fcc-94062e5f7f82
TimeThu May 25 2017 17:21:12 GMT+0100 (GMT Daylight Time)
Version13.0.1700.2227

But this is not happening always. What can I do do to solve it? The power bi desktop works perfectly and the memory consuption is lower that the one displayed.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Hello,

Is there any workaround this?

Cheers.

Sorry, I came up with solution by using bookmarks and creating two different matrix, but I do think I am going to face this problem in the near future.

cheers.

As expected, the error is back. Does someone has any idea? how to fix this?

It would be better if microsoft increases up to 2GB.

Cheers

Your pbix file in the end of publishing should not be more than 1 GB as stated. When calculations are done (measures or calculated columns created or when a full query refresh is done) PBI uses your local RAM for processing. To avoid the error that you are getting you can filter the data that you are displaying and that should fix the issue or I guess upgrade to PBI Premium.

Yes, when I filter, it works, the point is, I would like to show as it is, and if my end users decide to filter it they can. My previous solution was changing my measures, but now since I increase the amount of data it stopped again. Kind frustrating to be honest. Regarding the Premium, well, I am not sure if we are going to have more memory. Cheers

@OliveiraThiagoBased on the current architecture and offering of how PBI Pro is by design I dont think it is possible without limiting the data being displayed.

As I imagined. Well, in that case I do not know what to do. Thank you for your answer. Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-haibl-msft.

And how can I debug that? I see a spike in my machine RAM to 2Gb but how can I get the "guilty" calculation?

Thanks

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

PBI Service has 1Gb memory limit for the memory consumed by a model and its calculations, and there is no way to increase this limit. However PBI Desktop does not have such limit. You need to locate the corresponding calculation and change it.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors