Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RandomDenny
Frequent Visitor

Some of the dashboard tiles didn't load

I'm gettin an error message when I load a workspace app - "Some of the dashboard tiles didn't load"

I have a dashboard that is tied to a live (push) dataset that is updated via api.

That dashboard is included in the workspace app. 

The tiles that the error is referencing are, in fact loading. 

They load and refresh on the dashboard as well as the app.

Basically, everything is working - but I'm getting this pesky error anyway.

Looking for ideas for what's causing the error message and how to get rid of it so our users don't see it.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RandomDenny
Frequent Visitor

Deleting and re-adding the tiles didn't resolve the error.

There was a report that had elements on the dashboard. That report had to be added to the app but hidden from navigation. I don't understand the connection but hiding and unhiding it from the app navigation consitantly creates and resolves the issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
C4YNelis
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @RandomDenny ,

I know this is an old and closed topic already, but maybe it will still help someone. I just encountered the same error while removing copies of reports from different workspaces from a workspace. I removed the reports from the app. Having removed the reports I got the same error that some of the dashboard tiles didn't load. The tiles mention that the report doesn't exist or you don't have permission to view it.

The real problem is that the dashboard tries to reference the original reports for the user, which currently is no longer possible, since you hid them from the users. What will solve this error is that you provide an external link in the tile. With the introduction of viewing groups, I have provided users in our organization with multiple apps using viewing groups, which makes redundant copies of reports less of an issue and unnecessary to show in apps (except for live pages unfortunately). You still need them in the workspace though.

I use the original reports in different app to link those tiles to. That takes away the error. But I guess you can use any external url. And of course you may link to a different report or dashboard, or even the dashboard itself if you don't need any link.

Cheers,

Niels

RandomDenny
Frequent Visitor

Deleting and re-adding the tiles didn't resolve the error.

There was a report that had elements on the dashboard. That report had to be added to the app but hidden from navigation. I don't understand the connection but hiding and unhiding it from the app navigation consitantly creates and resolves the issue.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @RandomDenny 

What I would do is to delete the tiles in the dashboard and then add them back in again and see if that resolves the error?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors