Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bhavin
Frequent Visitor

Some nodes not displaying in Network Navigator

Hi,

Setup:

Issue:

• Some nodes simply won't show, even though they are in the data source.
  • These nodes will show in if pull them in a table, which means they are in the Power BI Dataset.

What is unique about these nodes?

• All of them seem to be have a node size of about 10x the next biggest nodes i.e. nodes with size 66 show but these nodes are size 645 and such.
  • Also, it looks like the Max Nodes to display defaults to 1000, we have about 4500 nodes to display.

What did I verify?

• Increased Nodes Size to 1000 in Power BI, as well as decreased size in data source to 499 to see if that changes anything.
  • Increase Max Nodes to 5000 (from 0, which defaults to 1000)
    Bhavin_0-1663217464305.png

• Decreasing Max Nodes to 10 takes effect, which means that setting is being read by the code.

At this point, it's unclear to me wether the nodes I don't see are due to their high weight (499 or 645, I tried both, but both are significantly high)
OR
It's because we have more than 1000 nodes and Power BI is unable to handle that, even though the visual has a setting that allows us to increase it.

That said, both are settings I can increase (and have) and am unable to see all the Nodes that I should

Any ideas / past experiences?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bhavin
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @v-jayw-msft 

Looks like the issue was with the fact that Max Nodes has a hard limit of 1000 in the code. We were able to make changes in the source code, as outlined here and get it to work with more nodes.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Bhavin
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @v-jayw-msft 

Looks like the issue was with the fact that Max Nodes has a hard limit of 1000 in the code. We were able to make changes in the source code, as outlined here and get it to work with more nodes.

Hi, I encountered this problem and after checking the version of network navigator was the latest and setting the max nodes to 30000 I still was getting the same error. The nodes were just not increasing after a certain number. No matter how many more nodes were added.

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bhavin ,

You could contact the custom visual support here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Custom-Visuals-Development/Power-BI-Custom-Visuals-Community/m-p/66... .

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors