Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chocomart
Helper I
Helper I

Some data rows are missing

Good day everyone,

Just recently I've noticed that we are missing 2 data row that should be included on the Query result, I've checked and tried removing all filters but still those missing row doesn't show up. When i've tried using the same query directly on our DB the missing rows are there. Any idea if this is a bug or am i missing something?

see sample screenshot below, one invoice is missing (428708)

Capture.JPG

9 REPLIES 9
wzkoral
Advocate II
Advocate II

I have download your test file and the number you missing, i see. So maybe send scren with relation viem between table for better view.
In this day you have two invoice for one customer and that why i think about wrong relation betwen table, chceck if value is shown with sunarize, or put the Date twice , first dont summarize second as count and look for value more then 1 . 
numbers missing.png

Ps/ sory for my English

Its okay, that's the thing, one customer can have multiple invoices in a day. I've found out that when i remove all the other tables in the report that's when it started popping up.

anything that i should look into?

HI @chocomart,

You can try to use the following measure formula to extract missed records and export as CSV format:

Measure =
VAR original =
    SELECTCOLUMNS (
        VALUES ( 'PIVOT 9 OLD'[INVOICENUMBER] ),
        "Value", VALUE ( [INVOICENUMBER] )
    )
VAR full =
    GENERATESERIES (
        VALUE ( MINX ( original, [Value] ) ),
        VALUE ( MAXX ( original, [Value] ) )
    )
RETURN
    CONCATENATEX ( EXCEPT ( full, original ), [Value], "," )

After exported records, you can use them in your database to filter records to confirm if they really existed in your table.

In addition, what version of odbc driver are you test? Have you tried to use other connectors to get data? (driver compatibility issue may also cause the records missing or recognize wrong records)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin,

I can confirm that the data exists in my table, here are some odbc drivers that we use. still cannot find the data when all the tables are loaded in the report

odbc.JPG

Hi @chocomart,

So you mean these data are from a SQL database? If you use a normal SQL connector, can you get full records to power bi desktop side?

If this is a case, I'd like to suggest you check your credentials(both two credentials that your use on the database and power bi desktop connector) and security settings to confirm if any security filter applies on your records that causing the missing.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @chocomart,

What type of connector are you test? Connection Mode? Any interaction from other visuals to table visual that filter some records?

Please share more detail information to help us clarify your scenario.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

hI @v-shex-msft ,

I'm using ODBC to gather my data from our DB, as i've mentioned previously, i've tested getting rid of all the filters and no other table interacting with it.

I'm doing a union for my Data table 1(which contains old records) and Data Table 2(which contains current records)

weirdly enough see attached pbi file as when i removed all the other tables the data pops up.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjpCgUZic0x8mReSnXVEYTd0GthN?e=CLFmss

wzkoral
Advocate II
Advocate II

1.Try to search not by visualization but with table in power BI Desktop not querry
2. Check the relation (should be one direction )

Hi @wzkoral ,

Thanks for the help, although i've tried looking for it on the table view as well but it's not there, also the data is coming off just one table so i'm not sure how the relationship could hide those missing rows?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors