Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sweet-T
Helper III
Helper III

Some Users Not Seeing Updated, Published Data

Hey all,

I've published a report to PBI Service for my Sales team. 

Under the "Datasets" tab, the Last Refresh date is as it should be - shortly after I published the report. 

I published during a working session with the team, and when some users refresh, they see the updated data whereas some users see old data. Can anyone help me out as to why?

I have tried: 

• refreshing using the Report Refresh Button
  • resetting to default
  • Multiple browsers (Chrome, Edge)
  • Signing Out/In
  • Logging In "Incognito"

After multiple refreshes, some of the users are able to view the data while others cannot. 

5 REPLIES 5
ftowner
Frequent Visitor

Were you able to find the cause? We have a few users who are experiencing this. Dataset is hybrid of import and export.

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Sweet-T,

If your scenario is that you publish a report to one app workspace in Power BI Service, when you refresh the dataset of the report, some members in the app workspace could see the updated data but some members cannot.

By my tests, i cannot reproduce your scenario.

Normally, your issue should be caused by the network. If the network is not good, someone may not see the update timely.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The network is good, all users were on the same network and we have no issues performing other tasks online (navigating to other reports/datasets, etc.) 

It's not even only when I refresh the data within Service. Some users are seeing older data than what I have published. They are seeing an older version of the data, than what is in the .pbix file I publish from Desktop... 

Hi @Sweet-T,

That's a little strange.

What is your data source? Do you have this issue for any of your reports or the specific one?

If it is convenient, could you list the the detail steps for your scenario so that we can help further on it?

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey Cherry,

I think the source of the confusion was a datestamp a previous developer had created in the report that showed "Data Current Thru". This visual pulls the "Last Modified Date" from an object that varies for each user. My guess is the information on the page is up-to-date, but this isn't being represented by this visual. 

I'll dig into this when I can and report back, but thank you for helping me so far!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors