Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ChromeMystic
Helper I
Helper I

Solved: Dataset Refreshes fine in Desktop but fails on Web with an Expression error

Hi

I have created multiple Dataflows to combine CSV Files that are generated for my various reports, as well as a Dataflow that pulls some manual Data from Sharepoint lists. From those I created a Dataset in Power BI Desktop that is referenced by the different reports.

• The Refresh of all Dataflows works without problems, so does the refresh of the Dataset in the Desktop. This takes about 10 to 20 seconds for the Dataset.
  • When I publish the Dataset to the Server it keeps on working, with the refresh data from my last refresh on Desktop.
  • The Refresh on the Server fails every time though with the following Error message after about 8 minutes.

2022-03-22 17_01_29-Power BI and 4 more pages - Work - Microsoft​ Edge.png

The Tablename changes on every try. I had the error show every Dataflow without changing anything server side. I didn't try it enough to get all different Tables though.

The Redded out Parts are jsut the different IDs, as well as the Tablename.

Any Tips on how I can pinpoint the source of this error?
Edit: I double checked the IDs and both the Workspace ID and the Dataflow ID are correct in the Advanced Query as well as in the Error message

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ChromeMystic
Helper I
Helper I

I found the Error - The User I use to refresh my reports on prod didn't have access to our test - I manually selected my personal user for the refreshes and it worked fine.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ChromeMystic ,

Error display "The key didn’t match any rows in the table". The reason may be something in your data source is renamed or deleted then your query will break, and dataset refreshes fails. Please check the table and fields mentioned in the error in your data source.

Here is a reference that may be helpful.

The key didn’t match any rows in the table

If this doesn't work for you, please consider sharing more details about it. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_Gao

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

ChromeMystic
Helper I
Helper I

I found the Error - The User I use to refresh my reports on prod didn't have access to our test - I manually selected my personal user for the refreshes and it worked fine.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors