Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CongPham
Helper I
Helper I

Solution about snyc database from SQL Server to Azure, after that create and public dasboards

Hi everybody,

Im a newbie with PowerBI and everything else about Azure. And I want to ask is there any solution (how to do and how does it cost) for me to create a system like that:

I/ Source: Database at SQL Server on premise

II/ Develop: 1-2 people

III/ Viewer: about 10 people

IV/ Solution about:

1. Sync databse between SQL Server on premise to a database on cloud.

2. Use the database on cloud which i created, and create dashboards using this database.

3. Sharing the dasbhoard to our viewers.

As I known, each one of viewers and developer will cost about 10$ per month for using PowerBI Pro.

So, please let me know some solution to handle this.

Sorry if I not good at English.

Many thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @CongPham ,

#1, For sync database from on-premises to Azure, you can refer to the following document if it helps. BTW, you can also post this to Azure community to get further support.

Tutorial: Set up SQL Data Sync between Azure SQL Database and SQL Server on-premises 

#2, It is similar to get data from SQL service database, you only need to use Azure SQL connection string on SQL connector.

Power BI Get Data: From Azure SQL Database 

#3, For share features, you can take a look at the following links: 

Share Power BI dashboards and reports with coworkers and others 

Publish to web from Power BI 

Embedded analytics with Power BI 

Notice: share feature require Pro license, if your users do not have Pro license, you can consider using 'publish to web' feature which not require Pro license. (it contains a few limitations and no security setting enabled 'publish to web' reports)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

HI @CongPham ,

#1, Yes, Pro license cost 10$ per month. BTW, if your organization has requirement for office subscriptions, you can also consider purchasing office 365 enterprise subscriptions, it provides some power bi Pro licenses as gifts.

#2, It can be used to share power bi content but it requires user has pro license except you assign them to premium capacity.

#3, I'm not so familiar with detail operations steps, maybe you can post to Azure forum or open a support ticket on azure side to get further support.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @CongPham ,

#1, For sync database from on-premises to Azure, you can refer to the following document if it helps. BTW, you can also post this to Azure community to get further support.

Tutorial: Set up SQL Data Sync between Azure SQL Database and SQL Server on-premises 

#2, It is similar to get data from SQL service database, you only need to use Azure SQL connection string on SQL connector.

Power BI Get Data: From Azure SQL Database 

#3, For share features, you can take a look at the following links: 

Share Power BI dashboards and reports with coworkers and others 

Publish to web from Power BI 

Embedded analytics with Power BI 

Notice: share feature require Pro license, if your users do not have Pro license, you can consider using 'publish to web' feature which not require Pro license. (it contains a few limitations and no security setting enabled 'publish to web' reports)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Many thank Mr @v-shex-msft 

But I still have some questions:

1. We will user Pro license for each developer and viewer. I think it costs about 100$ per month for 10~12 people, doesn't it?

2. About Embedded analytics with Power BI , I dont know what it means, because our purpose is create dashboard and the database is uploaded realtime.

3. Do you know more about #1: Snyc between SQL Database and Azure Database: everything need to prepared and how does it costs?

HI @CongPham ,

#1, Yes, Pro license cost 10$ per month. BTW, if your organization has requirement for office subscriptions, you can also consider purchasing office 365 enterprise subscriptions, it provides some power bi Pro licenses as gifts.

#2, It can be used to share power bi content but it requires user has pro license except you assign them to premium capacity.

#3, I'm not so familiar with detail operations steps, maybe you can post to Azure forum or open a support ticket on azure side to get further support.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors