cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Snowflake-based project update via gateway

Hello,

I have issues setting up gateway to automatically update Snowflake database-based project. I fill in all required fields yet still get an error. Please see screenshot below.

Thank you for your help,

Jiri
asdf.png

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Yes, I absolutely agree, connecting directly to Snowflake would make much more sense 🙂

Highlighted

@Cyber81 @jtgriffith

Accodring to July Feature Summary, on-premises data gateway is needed for the Service connection to Snowflake. If you prefer to connect to Snowflake directly without any gateway, You can create an idea in https://ideas.powerbi.com.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Highlighted

I created an idea here: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/20446081-connect-to-live-data-in-...

I have had all kinds of trouble getting the PowerBI.com service to recognize my Snowflake datasets so that I can refresh them through the gateway. If anyone at MS has time to help me debug I would love to help.

Highlighted

I'm running into similar problems. There needs to be a well crafted Data Gateway server configuration document. I've received guidance from one Microsoft contact that suggested we install the ODBC driver on the server and, then, add an ODBC Data Source Type rather than a Snowflake Data Source Type to the Data Gateway connections. In which case, I'd ask what is the point of the Snowflake Data Source Type? A member of my team suggested we should ask about the JDBC driver, but there is not guidance on where to place or how to install this driver on the Data Gateway server.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Community Conference

Microsoft Power Platform Communities

Check out the Winners!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors