Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

FXFelix
Helper II
Helper II

SnowFlake refresh problem

Hello,

I have created a report in PowerBI desktop, with an ODBC source connected to a SnowFlake driver.

Everything is ok in the desktop, the refresh take approximatively 1 minute for 570.000 rows.

Everything is ok when publishing the report, and I have created the SnowFlake datasource successfully on our Gateway.

I can see the report and the data is up to date on the PowerBI service, but when I try to lauch a refresh, the process is running again and again...

Anybody has the same problem ?

17 REPLIES 17
FXFelix
Helper II
Helper II

And here is the error message :

Un problème s'est produit
Impossible de se connecter à la source de données undefined.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Code d'erreur sous-jacent: -2147467259 Table: WEATHER -- WEATHER_14_TOTAL.
Message d'erreur sous-jacent: ERROR [HY000] [Snowflake][Snowflake] (25) 
      Result download worker error: Worker error: [Snowflake][Snowflake] (4) 
      REST request for URL https://sccpb2sfcb1stg.blob.core.windows.net/results/018afe36-00e0-ab32-0000-0141000185ae_0/main/data_0_0_2?sig=wbr%2BUhAwyim51YFd1Y1LGUMcrzusybojmtSsyIIPErk%3D&se=2019-03-21T19%3A42%3A47Z&sv=2018-03-28&spr=https&rsce=gzip&sp=rl&sr=b failed: CURLerror (curl_easy_perform() failed) - code=91 msg='SSL server certificate status verification FAILED' osCode=9 osMsg='Bad file descriptor'.

DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason: DataSource.Error
URI du cluster: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
ID d'activité: 0b125ce7-36c1-4963-a9a5-26b29d4d274f
ID de demande: c1132e48-76e9-604c-8cdc-99e089284d67
Heure: 2019-03-21 15:00:29Z
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Team

I am getting below error while doing Scheduled data refresh in PowerBI Service

It was working fine till yesterday. Today morning I am getting this error

Also I manually did the refresh in PBIX file it is working fine however when we do scheduled refresh i am getting this error

Data source error: ERROR [HY000] [Snowflake][Snowflake] (25) Result download worker error: Worker error: [Snowflake][Snowflake] (4) REST request for URL https://fz9nkasfcb1stg.blob.core.windows.net/results/0192cf32-0046-3506-0000-3e6d022c59ee_0/main/dat... failed: CURLerror (curl_easy_perform() failed) - code=91 msg='SSL server certificate status verification FAILED'. . The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider documentation for further information and corrective action. Table: CV_DT_MAINT_COSTS_UN.

Regards

Arun Hariharan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Team

I am getting data refresh error in import mode in PowerBI service while trying to run the query in Snowflake database

Error: Statement exhausted compilation resources and was canceled. Please contact support.

This error I got in the first attempt of refresh

During second attempt for refresh I received the below error:

Before the data import for finished, its data source timed out. Double-check whether that data source can process import queries, and if it can, try again.

Please help me in resolving this issue

Regards

Arun Hariharan

Regards

Arun Hariharan

I created a seperate post for this SSL issue as I was having it yesterday and today.  https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Snowflake-SSL-error-in-both-Power-BI-Desktop-and-Power-BI/id...

Thanks for posting a issue. I got same error since 3/10/2020. 

Snowflake suggested using the latest ODBC driver with a DSN to fix the issue temporarily

@PAPutzback2 

We are in the middle of trying this solution.  It isn't working out well.  It requires us to change much of the development we have between our ETL product and Snowflake.  The performance is horible.  It then requires a gateway to refresh in the Power BI Service (recently a gateway was not requried by Snowflake).  Also, this will all have to be reverted once the regular Snowflake driver works.  This may be appropriate if you have a very small amount of tables, but otherwise it isn't great.

It looks like they fixed this issue. I can refresh dataset on both Power BI desktop and cloud now.

Confirmed that the issue is fixed with the latest release of PowerBI desktop which was pushed out yesterday.  Also the service now works for refreshes to Snowflake without the gateway as it did before this issue started.

It is working for me now also.

What a PITA to fix all swap all my connections. I hope Microsoft stops breaking this every year. Sign those SSL certs for 20 years in the future or set them to not expire.

Can you give me the details on how to configure the data source in the gateway please. I named my local DSN as snowflake and it works for the local desktop reports, but putting DSN= snowflake in the gateway's connection string isn't working

So I conclude that...nobody has the same problem Smiley Frustrated

I am having this error today. I have turned in a ticket at Snowflake. I have about 6 datasets that refresh at 5AM and 3 of them are failing. It makes no sense that some succeed and some fail.

Actually I am having the same problem! you are not alone! 😄

Thanks @Jmenas 😉

To be honest, I have gave up a few months ago.

But I will try again (for real) in a few months.

@FXFelix Do you have more than one data source or do you know if the gateway is updated? I have the issue but PBI support suggested that can be that the gateway is the issue, rather than snowflake it self. 

Hi @Jmenas ,

I had updated my gateways recently (august version), but I'm sorry, I can't test Snowflake datasets's refresh for the moment (billing problems with Snowflake...).

Maybe in a few weeks, i'll let you informed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors