Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

x-camber
Frequent Visitor

Smart filter doesn't filter correctly in Internet Explorer

errerrHello Power BI,

I have an issue with the Smart Filter in the Power BI service. The filter / slicer do not work correctly in Internet Explorer (Microsoft Edge 40.15063.0.0), but work correctly in Chrome (and Power BI Desktop).

Example report:

The report have a smart filter and a bar chart. I have uploaded the smart filter with three default values (company1, company2 and company3) and when I load the report the bar chart will only show two of three filtered values (random which filtered values it shows in the bar chart). The report seems to work correctly from time to time, but more often not (normally I can reproduce the error if I just hit F5 / reload). I have added a screen shot of the problem.  I can also provide the pbix-file.

Best regards

Andreas H

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @x-camber,

I can reproduce your scenario. I have reported the issue internally, and I will post update if there is response. 

Best Regards,
Angelia

Sound good to me. Hope this will be solved soon. 

I just tested Safari on IPad and this has the same problem as IE.

Best regards

Andreas H

Hi @x-camber,

All of us hope it's fixed soon. Power BI will become better after your support.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors