Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jerome1689
Advocate I
Advocate I

Smart Narratives not showing in Service

I think my other post on the same topic did not submit correctly, if it does, apologies for the duplicate post. 

Suddenly Smart Narratives in PowerBI Service is not working. The smart narratives work correctly in Desktop and were previously working in service when published through the app. I get an error now that says " the smart narratives is not supported". This issue is happening on multiple reports across multiple organisations that I have published to.

Anybody else getting the same issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi All:

Here’s the latest news from the community:

The fix was already rolled out yesterday. However, some folks might still encounter the error due to browser caching. If you are one of them, then please clear browser caches or open in a new Incognito browser window & try again. You can tell that it is a caching issue by applying a new filter that you previously hadn't applied and then you should see the Smart Narrative text show again. 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
PowerBI_AC

Hi There, 

I was wondering if there was a fix? I have tried and I also have the same error message. 

PowerBI_AC_0-1682594848457.png

Many thanks for your help, 

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi All:

Here’s the latest news from the community:

The fix was already rolled out yesterday. However, some folks might still encounter the error due to browser caching. If you are one of them, then please clear browser caches or open in a new Incognito browser window & try again. You can tell that it is a caching issue by applying a new filter that you previously hadn't applied and then you should see the Smart Narrative text show again. 

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi All:

According to my research in the ICM, it seems to be a known issue and the problem is related to the region of your Power BI service, here’s the ICM ID: 246723182

Here’s the link: Incident-246723182 Details - IcM (microsofticm.com)

This is the latest updated information from PG:

The shiproom is rolling out the Feature switch, Australia East is fixed, NC US will be roll out tomorrow evening, and Australia SE unfortunately should wait till the day after, to get the FS on.

I will update here once I get any further information.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Hi Robert, at one of the clients, I look at the tenant location and it comes out gibberish. Do you know when this fix will be applied to this tenant location? 

jerome1689_0-1624487263286.png

Hi all:

According to the update in the ICM, it seems that the issue has been fixed in each tenant location. This is the newest information I got from the PG:

The FS is enabled in all clusters at PROD.

If the user still sees the error, try switch to summarize a different visual, if still hitting the issue, I suppose we have to schedule a call with Cx and figure out what's going wrong.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Hi thanks for the update. It seems to have been fixed for my clients where the server is in the US. Is there any update for the Australian or other server?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Team, 

I have the same issue. Started today.
Is there a fix for it yet?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue for us too 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

We just started experiencing the same issue as well with the internal web and app versions.

outjet

Same here - no changes but suddenly all smart narratives stopped working. Here's a screenshot of before/after
SMART NARRATIVES.png

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @jerome1689 

Has this problem be solved today?

According to my test, the Smart Narratives function seems to work properly in the Power BI desktop and service now, here are my screenshots:

vrobertqmsft_0-1624356450673.png

vrobertqmsft_1-1624356450677.png

If you still have a problem, you can post your sample pbix file with the problem so that we can help you to test if it’s an issue.

My test pbix file is attached below.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Hi Robert thanks for looking into this. 

I downloaded your pbix file and published it. The smart narratives work in desktop but not in service

jerome1689_0-1624359175062.png

headesk
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I have found the same problem.

Some additional things I have found are that it starts working if I add a value (showing the new value and the old values) but if I then delete the added value it stops working completely again.

mgtaylor3
Helper I
Helper I

Hi there, Yes same issue here, just spotted this this morning. Cannot seem to find any answer to it as yet.

Anyone got in extra Information?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors