Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slow login to app.powerbi.com

Hi,

Has anyone encountered any issues (in the last couple of weeks) where logging on Power BI service, using Internet Explorer (v 11) takes a really long time to authenticate your email address?

Steps:

1. Use app.powerbi.com to get login screen

2. Select your email address/enter your email address in window "Sign in to your account". Address: https://login.microsoftonline.com/common/....

After either selecting your account or entering your email, the processing animated circle icon commences and continues to spin. There appears to be a re-set? taking place behind the scenes as the icon flashes and continues to spin.

This happens failry reguarly with the login process lasting on average 5-6 mins.

This issue does not take place on Chrome.

Appreciate any information/resolution steps on this issue.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I tested but haven't faced this issue, it sign in smoothly. Where are your data stored ? I think the issue may related to the area server.(you can find it at service -> question mark -> about power bi)

In addition, you can also try to clear the browser cache and remove the saved login cerationals.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-shex-msft.

I'll keep in mind about clearing the browser cache and saved login credentials.

Data is stored in Southeast Asia (Singapore).

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors