Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

v-dabatc
Employee
Employee

Slow loading times with DirectQuery and Azure

I have a report that is using DirectQuery to interact with an Azure SQL database.  The initial load times for this report vary from 3 seconds, all the way to 45 seconds or more.  When I open up the same report in the Power BI Desktop App, the load and/or refresh times are much less and within an acceptable range - the times are less than 5 seconds.

We're looking to have fast report loading times.  We've pre-aggregated our data, and have a simple select statement when reading the data from Azure.

I'd like to know if anyone else has seen these same slow loading times and/or if there is a way to improve upon the loading times.

1 REPLY 1
gustavjMC
Frequent Visitor

Hello, 

It's now been a while (5 years 😂) have you come up with any solutions on this problem? I experience this aswell, the initial load time is very slow compared to load times after the initial load.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors