Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Midway
Helper I
Helper I

Slicers not showing the select the type of slicer check mark Icon on Power BI Service

I did post on this but I did not receive any help on this issue I'm having. I can see the type of slicer check mark on the Power BI desktop but when I publish to the Power BI service, I can only see the eraser icon that resets the slicer. 

Can someone please let me know what is going on here???

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks very for clearing that out.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tarunsingla
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

When in Reading View, the Type of Slicer option is not made available. That is the report design feature where the report designer/creator selects or fixes the type for that slicer. Report "Viewers" do not have control on changing the Type of Slicer. Only in Edit mode, you would be able to see that option.

Anonymous
Not applicable

it's the same after an upload to the power bi report server, but only since January 2019.

In former versions it worked, and I think it's important that viewers were able to select type of filter... is it something permanent? Are the planning to restore this function?

Regars

@Anonymous wrote:

it's the same after an upload to the power bi report server, but only since January 2019.

Thanks very for clearing that out.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors