cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Slicers not displaying when printing

One of our more paper-driven users has noticed that printing reports often misses slicer selections.

For example, if I filter a report with some horizontal slicers:

Once printed, the totals are still filtered as expected, but slicers all appear unselected:

Seems the same on IE and Chrome, anyone else found a way around this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @ziqh,

I can reproduce your scenario as follows.

I filter a report in serviceI filter a report in service  The selected values in slicer disappear when we print the page.The selected values in slicer disappear when we print the page.

Please print reports in Chrome browser with Background Graphics enabled as follows, I test the solution and it works fine on my side. 

2.jpg

In addition, as what said in the article: Printing from Power BI service.

"We cannot guarantee that the printed copy will be exactly the same as it appears in Power BI service. Things like scaling, margins, visual details, orientation, and size are not controlled by Power BI. For help with issues like this, refer to the documentation for your specific browser. "

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @ziqh,

I can reproduce your scenario as follows.

I filter a report in serviceI filter a report in service  The selected values in slicer disappear when we print the page.The selected values in slicer disappear when we print the page.

Please print reports in Chrome browser with Background Graphics enabled as follows, I test the solution and it works fine on my side. 

2.jpg

In addition, as what said in the article: Printing from Power BI service.

"We cannot guarantee that the printed copy will be exactly the same as it appears in Power BI service. Things like scaling, margins, visual details, orientation, and size are not controlled by Power BI. For help with issues like this, refer to the documentation for your specific browser. "

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Community Conference

Microsoft Power Platform Communities

Check out the Winners!

secondImage

Create an end-to-end data and analytics solution

Learn how Power BI works with the latest Azure data and analytics innovations at the digital event with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Top Solution Authors