Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ziqh
Frequent Visitor

Slicers not displaying when printing

One of our more paper-driven users has noticed that printing reports often misses slicer selections.

For example, if I filter a report with some horizontal slicers:

Once printed, the totals are still filtered as expected, but slicers all appear unselected:

Seems the same on IE and Chrome, anyone else found a way around this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ziqh,

I can reproduce your scenario as follows.

I filter a report in serviceI filter a report in service  The selected values in slicer disappear when we print the page.The selected values in slicer disappear when we print the page.

Please print reports in Chrome browser with Background Graphics enabled as follows, I test the solution and it works fine on my side. 

2.jpg

In addition, as what said in the article: Printing from Power BI service.

"We cannot guarantee that the printed copy will be exactly the same as it appears in Power BI service. Things like scaling, margins, visual details, orientation, and size are not controlled by Power BI. For help with issues like this, refer to the documentation for your specific browser. "

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ziqh,

I can reproduce your scenario as follows.

I filter a report in serviceI filter a report in service  The selected values in slicer disappear when we print the page.The selected values in slicer disappear when we print the page.

Please print reports in Chrome browser with Background Graphics enabled as follows, I test the solution and it works fine on my side. 

2.jpg

In addition, as what said in the article: Printing from Power BI service.

"We cannot guarantee that the printed copy will be exactly the same as it appears in Power BI service. Things like scaling, margins, visual details, orientation, and size are not controlled by Power BI. For help with issues like this, refer to the documentation for your specific browser. "

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors