Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Manal
Regular Visitor

Slicer to Cover Different Data Sources

Hello,

I know that I can create a slicer from a column on my dataset table so that I can filter my table data. And that I can use the visual interaction option within the same report.

But what I need is to have a dashboard where I have slicers that can filter all or some of my visuals from different reports.

Is there a way I can do that?

Also can I create slicers from different datasources (or dataset tables) so that I have for example a "Years" or "Departments" table I can use everytime I have dasources that have these columns.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
wonga
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Manal

Slicers are designed to be used in Power BI reports, NOT in dashboards. The only way I know for slicers to work across different data sources is if a relationship(s) is(are) established between the data sources.

Hope this helps, thanks.

Manal
Regular Visitor

@wonga

Thank you !

I know that the Power BI desktop allows you to create relations between your tables but how do we do that on the Power BI service ?

wonga
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Manal

At this point in time, it doesn't look like relationships can be established on the Power BI service.

As a general rule of thumb, if you want to get the most out of Power BI, it's best to do all the heavy lifting in Power BI Desktop.

Power BI Service is more suitable for accessing cloud/online data sources like Google Analytics and the like.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors