Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

MathewIsherwood
Frequent Visitor

Slicer stops working at 3/14/18

Hello,

I've got a real head scratcher here, i've read up a lot about slicers and had no problem with it up until this point. 

My slicer goes from 1/3/2017 to 4/6/2018 but the date stops working from 3/14/18 (usa date format).

If i use the slicer up until that date it shows perfectly fine, after that I get (blank). I've checked all the data tables and the data continues on as it should through that date until the end date but it just isn't being brought into the dashboard.

I've run out of ideas where to look for what might be broken, can anybody help?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello All,

After talking with support I have fixed my problem.

The field I had set as my primary key (source was from GA) would not update despite our attempts. I cloned the table (which worked fine) but then used a date table as my primary key and re-routed all my other tables to this one. 

All my graphs now work. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MathewIsherwood

Could you try to “refresh” the slicer with date by choosing another visual and shifted back to same slicer?

Try different dataset to see if it still happens?

Does the issue occurs only service, what about desktop?

Additionally, you can refer to a similar issue, or you may open a support ticket

Best Regards

Maggie

Hello All,

After talking with support I have fixed my problem.

The field I had set as my primary key (source was from GA) would not update despite our attempts. I cloned the table (which worked fine) but then used a date table as my primary key and re-routed all my other tables to this one. 

All my graphs now work. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors