Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BZerr824
Frequent Visitor

Slicer selection not sticking

When a user clears slicers on a report, exits and gets back in, whatever slicer selection was previously made is still showing (i.e. it isn't keeping the eraser selection).  The only way that it is saving the reset is to choose the reset to default.  Is this expected behavior?  Seems like it should keep whatever selections the user has made whether it is choosing a slicer or clearing it.  Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @BZerr824 ,

I 'm affraid it is, although it's quite unreasonable.

Please check the idea post below.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/32919691-slicer-eraser-should-cle...

9.PNG

It seems this situation has been around for a long time.

I think we could vote for the idea above and oneday it will be update.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
VSrujana
Frequent Visitor

Hi all ,

Could you please check if it is due to bookmarks created ? 

when bookmarks are enabled for a page , it would go back to the earlier state.

Please check if 'Data' is enabled or disabled .

Thanks

We don't have bookmarks on all of our reports...the one I was validating this on does not have any bookmarks.

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BZerr824 ,

I found the same situation. Looks like the report will save the last selection of silcer but not the eraser selection.

Best Regards,

Jay

Is this really the expected behavior?  Just seems like whatever slicer you select or unselect it should keep it either way.  It is super frustrating for our users. 

Hi @BZerr824 ,

I 'm affraid it is, although it's quite unreasonable.

Please check the idea post below.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/32919691-slicer-eraser-should-cle...

9.PNG

It seems this situation has been around for a long time.

I think we could vote for the idea above and oneday it will be update.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

kdaugherty
Frequent Visitor

We're experiencing the same issue.  Did something change recently because we have not seen this in the past.  This is VERY FRUSTRATING for our users and user experience, especially since we are at a critical point of trying to get user adoption to our new PowerBI reporting. HELPPPPPPPPPPPP

VSrujana
Frequent Visitor

Please check if the option "Dont allow end users to save filters on this file in Power BI service" is enabled in Power BI dekstop under Current File -> Report Settings .

See link for reference. 
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-persistent-filters-in-the-service/

No that isn't selected.  And really the problem is that when someone removes a slicer selection using the eraser and exits the report, when they come back in whatever had been previously selected in the slicer is back and it isn't keeping the removal of the slicer unles they remove all slicer selections using the reset to default.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors