Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sirgseymour
Helper I
Helper I

Slicer selection in Power BI does not persist when Exporting to Power Point

I have a set of reports I am trying to export to Power Point. If I make a selection in Power BI Web and then export to Power Point the slicer selection reverts back to what the slicer values were when the Power BI Desktop file was originally published to the Power BI App. 

Is there a way to get the filtered reports from Power BI web to properly populate the export to Power Point without having to go back to the Power BI Desktop file and filter there and republish?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
emose19
Frequent Visitor

We deal with this same issue and came to this conclusion - since your Desktop file is consideed the MASTER file when you publish it to Web it doesn't save over the Desktop file. 

So, if you are wanting slicers to stay when exporting your reports to Powerpoint you can save off a copy in web with the desired filter/slicer settings, and then export to powerpoint. (We just made a copy in web that we constantly update the slicers/filters on)

Unfortunately we haven't been able to find a way to export to Powerpoint when filters are applied without saving in web.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
emose19
Frequent Visitor

We deal with this same issue and came to this conclusion - since your Desktop file is consideed the MASTER file when you publish it to Web it doesn't save over the Desktop file. 

So, if you are wanting slicers to stay when exporting your reports to Powerpoint you can save off a copy in web with the desired filter/slicer settings, and then export to powerpoint. (We just made a copy in web that we constantly update the slicers/filters on)

Unfortunately we haven't been able to find a way to export to Powerpoint when filters are applied without saving in web.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors