Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer search box font white/invisible

Hi,

I have a problem with slicer search box font in Power BI Service - it is white/invisible. It happens only in Power BI Service, the same report works correctly in Power BI Desktop. Even if I download it and do some slight changes, it still doesn't work. I couldn't find similar case on the internet also. Could you assist me with that?

What it looks like:

Power BI Service (there is "dev" typed in search box) - Capture.PNG

Power BI Service (highlited) - image.png

Power BI Desktop - image.png

Thanks in advance!

Regards, Karol

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's a simple solution: 

View-> Themes dropdown -> Customize current theme -> text -> general -> change Font Color to black 🙂

The search text in the slicers will be in black font, so it will appear normally, Then do a quick round to fix any other affected font colors manually.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also having this issue on all my reports with the search contect enables on slicers.  Was there a recent change to powerBI service that changed how the font color is handled in the search line different than the font color for the items in the list?  What entry in the corporate json theme effect the font color for the search line?

Hi @Anonymous 

It will be the background and foreground entry. Open up the file using notepad and remove the rows with background/foreground. This is the only way to solve the current issue. 

JS

v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous , @sophiecarson23 , @JS ,

Guys, I get the message below:

I would avoid setting background and foreground color in the theme without changing other elements such as the canvas background and filter pane background.  This is a theming error, and we're aiming to make it easier to author themes in future versions of Desktop.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous , @sophiecarson23 , @JS ,

It is visible when I changed the theme to default. Do you all switch theme in your reports? Please send me the file if you import theme using a json file.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Changing to a different theme resolved the issue for me! I just emailed you the .json file that caused the issue.

Thank you all! 

It has been fix. I have amended my corporate Theme by removing the background and foreground colors codes. 

It works now. 🙂 

Cheers

JS

JS
Helper II
Helper II

Hi there.

Same issue. Font was visble on power BI desktop but once i published it onto the service, the font became barely visble! 

Tried using IE and other browsers and attempted the same approach but still getting the same outcome. 

v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

It worked fine in my machine.  You could try to edit report and create a new slicer to check if it works. And please use other browsers to have a try. 

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I've tried:

- Editing report online

- Downloading .pbix file, re-creating the slicer from the beginning and publishing it once again

- Opening in other browsers like IE or Edge

- Changing the font color

It's still the same. Very unusual problem, I couldn't find any other similar cases anywhere on the internet...

Hi @Anonymous ,

oh it's really unusual. Maybe you could try to publish other workspace. Or, try to clear website cookies and restart your machine.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I tried downloading the report and publishing it to another workspace, clearing my cookies and cache and restarting my laptop (the last one was expected not to work as the problem occurs for anybody who views the report). Nothing worked. Do you have any other ideas what might have caused that?

Best Regards,

Karol

Hi @Anonymous ,

Can you please share a dummy file? I will test in my machine and check if it is a bug.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Here is a link to a dummy file with the issue. This problem occurs now for all reports I have created on desktop, but not for reports generated online.

Hi @sophiecarson23 @Anonymous ,

I tested and reproduced the problem with the report. Can you please share a pbix file? And please tell me the version of Power BI Desktop that you used. I will submit the issue internally.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

@v-xuding-msft , I just emailed you a copy of the .pbix file

I'm having the same issue. Slicer search was fine before on all my reports, but now on every report in every workspace the search text is white and cannot be seen.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors