Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

eliza0224
Frequent Visitor

Slicer not working correctly on Safari iPad

When accesing our report through the Safari browser on iPad, the slicer for months doesn't work correctly. We have to double select the month in order for it to filter.

From what I've seen, when we first select the slicer, the dropdown list is shown WITHOUT the scroll bar.

1.png

As soon as we select anywhere in the slicer, the scroll bar is shown. Only after this, we can select the month.

2.png

How can we resolve this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I have found this is how it works when browsing from a mobile device.

My understanding is the first tap is to select the item. In this case the slicer and the second tap allows you to select within the slicer.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi,

Sadly, it doesn't work as you're saying. Even if we want to select the first item on the list, it will first show the scroll bar, and only after that we can select the item. Basically, this is what's happening:

First tap - opens the slicer

Second tap - shows the scroll bar, which doesn't let users choose items (this is the step we want to eliminate)

Third tap - the user can select the item

We have a shorter list in another slicer that only uses two taps, since there's no need for a scroll bar.

Anyone?

As far as I know that is by design

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors