Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

mkuhnel
Frequent Visitor

Slicer line graph cannot be loaded in Service

Hello,

I have just finished up creating a pretty simple report in Desktop and published it to Service. Everything works great except for this one visual which just gives me an error message: "Couldn't load the data for this visual". The visual is a simple line graph with only six points and a trend line. It is affected by a slicer (16 options) which changes what measurement the graph is displaying. There are a few other values on the same page that depend on the slicer which are displaying well, albeit they are just cards. In desktop, the graph renders just fine without any delay. Please let me know how I can go about this!

Also, just one more quick question: I have attempted to upload this report twice under different names. Is it possible to delete reports from the Service?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have actually managed to find the solution. For some reason, I had to select "show items with no data" under the month field even thouhg this was not required in desktop.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mkuhnel
Frequent Visitor

Here is the graph in desktop. It has date values in months on the x-axis and decimals on the y-axis. Then it has a simple trend line running through.

When I load it into service, I get the above messages. It appears both the x and y axis types have stayed the same. I tried playing around with the axes, and it appears to display something when I use date hierarchy for the month axis. It still behaves weird as it never displays more than two points no matter where you drill. As soon as I change it to just display month on the x-axis though, it just gives the same error.

Also, if I change the x-axis to just an index column from 0-5, it works perfectly and plots every point. It just needs to do this but show months on the x-axis.

I have actually managed to find the solution. For some reason, I had to select "show items with no data" under the month field even thouhg this was not required in desktop.

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mkuhnel,

Could you please post more details of the error and some snapshots?

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@mkuhnel Couple things to check. Make sure the "Type" under X-axis matches in your Desktop file. This has a tendency to change on export, which could be breaking it. Do you get any specific error in the Service?

You can delete the reports/datasets etc. Depending on where you are viewing them, there is either the trashcan icon, or the "..." to the right of the report or dataset name that you can click on and "remove" to delete the report or dataset from the Service.

Deleting the dataset will delete the reports.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors