Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer dropdown not showing only one value on first click.

Hi,

We have slicers in power bi reports they are wotking fine in desktop application.
Once the report is published into service evrything looks good but the actual issue is coming when we are clicking on the slicer dropdown.

On first click of dropdown its only loading one or two values.

mahi_r_0-1622123043392.png

On second click on the dropdown its opening with proper size.

mahi_r_1-1622123064232.png

On first click its showing only very few values in dropdown, once after minimize and reopen only the dropdow is completly opening. This is hapening with all the slicers in all the reports.
Please help in fixing this issue.

Thanks
Mahesh R

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @Anonymous ,

Yes this happens sometimes when you have 2-6 items in your dropdown. This seems to be a bug at Power BI Services end.

Currently I don't think there is a fix for it. You can definitely lodge this as an issue in this link.

Also, you can try connecting with MS Support once through this link but I reckon they are also going to state the same. Anyway, you will get an official confirmation of bug from Support too.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

This is usually because of the height you have set for the slicer. Increase the height of slicer and the no. of items will increase.

Also please try once in incognito mode to avoid any cache dependency.

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

LinkedIn

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @Anand24 

I tried it Incognito and also clearing catche.
Its seems the issue is with power bi only.
If the slicer is having lot of values in it, its opening fine.
But when we have only 3 to 4 values or less in dropdown its getting minimized on first click and getting opened on second click.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Yes this happens sometimes when you have 2-6 items in your dropdown. This seems to be a bug at Power BI Services end.

Currently I don't think there is a fix for it. You can definitely lodge this as an issue in this link.

Also, you can try connecting with MS Support once through this link but I reckon they are also going to state the same. Anyway, you will get an official confirmation of bug from Support too.

LinkedIn

@Anonymous ,

Awesome !!!
You can mark my previous reply and your ideas link reply as solutions so that others with similar issue will be helped in future and can vote for your idea.

LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors