Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

yony258

Slicer Tooltip not Showing on Service

Hi,

In our dashboards we can see Slicer (Dropdown List) Items tooltips in the Desktop version,

But they do not seem to appear on the service version. (Confirmed with Chrome Version 95.0.4638.69)

Desktop:

yony258_1-1637498520910.png

Service: ( No tooltip showing, tested for 10 seconds~)

yony258_2-1637498573638.png

I do seem to recall this has been working correctly in the past, but I cant say for sure.

Did not find any similar post within the community.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @yony258 ,

This issue has been confirmed as a known issue internally, ICM:274694506. Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @yony258 ,

The issue has been fixed now, the tooltip of slicer can be shown on Service.

Best Regards,

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @yony258 ,

This issue has been confirmed as a known issue internally, ICM:274694506. Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This has been confirmed as fixed, I can see that is now working on the PowerBI Service (Slicer has a tooltip)

example:

yony258_0-1639900957899.png

Hi @yony258 ,

Yes, by my tesst it also works, but it's still active in the ICM, It may have just been fixed and has not been announced yet.

vkalyjmsft_0-1639964611400.png

vkalyjmsft_1-1639964636777.png

Best Regards,

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @yony258 ,

By my test and search, tooltip is not available for slicer in service, it also cannot be turned off in desktop.

You could vote this idea in Power BI ideas Forum and add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Additionally, you can try the Visual Header Tools Tip which the user needs to click to know the information that you need to share.

Refer to this Video: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=133&v=mtt8fR54Agg&feature=emb_logo

Best Regards,

As others have stated, it was definitely available in the service before, we used this feature a lot. It stopped working for us, too, which is really annoying when you have a lot of slicer values which a too long to be shown completely.

m196804
Frequent Visitor

I have this issue too. 

marionjambon
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem...

It was definitely working before

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

HI @yony258 

Once you upload your new report, can you make sure to click on the Reset to Default button to ensure that it shows the changes?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

After resetting to default, tooltip behaviour still as described above, issue still exists.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors