Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ivan_larson_cki
Helper III
Helper III

Slicer Selection Controls Overridden

I have a single-select slicer in a report where one of my users sees it as a multi-select slicer. She has tried clearing the cache of her browser, but the issue persists. She has also tried editing the report in PBI Service, and the slicer still appears as a single-select once she goes from edit mode to view mode. When I view the report, the slicer correctly shows up as single-select, and it shows up correctly for at least one other user as well.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Problem is solved. I rebuilt the tabs where the slicer was showing up wrong and deleted the old versions of the tabs. The new versions show up correctly for the user.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

What if you had to remove the sharing for that user and re-share it with the user with the issue?

Or could the user try log into the Power BI Service on another computer. This will allow you to see if it is user account related or computer related?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

The affected user is one of the admins for the workspace. Would removing and re-adding her from the workspace cause issues with any of the refreshes she's owning within that workspace?

Additionally, I don't know if other non-admin users are being affected by the same problem. We have close to 30 viewers referencing the report. Should I de-share and re-share with all of them just to make sure?

Hi there

If they have datasets I would suggest not removing her just incase it breaks something.

I am not sure as to why they are not viewing the slicer.

One thing is could you ask her to click on the Reset to Default button?

Power BI Blog

Problem is solved. I rebuilt the tabs where the slicer was showing up wrong and deleted the old versions of the tabs. The new versions show up correctly for the user.

Thanks for letting us know how you solved it!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors