Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer Rendering as Scroll-able List instead of a Drop Down (For Some Users, not All)

I'm dealing with an issue where my slicer was configured to be a dropdown in desktop, I've published the report and some users see the drop down but other users see a scroallable list. I've deleted and republished a few times but I can't figure out what this works for some users and not all. 

This is what I see in desktp and when I browse the report in the workspace and the app:

Working Dropdown.jpg

This is what some of my users see when the view the report in the app:

List Rendering.jpg

Any ideas what is causing the slicer to display two different ways? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yiruan-msft, Thanks for the advice. I tried your suggestions and a few other things but nothing was working. The other issue was that I couldn't figure out how to recreate the issue. I'd republish and everything would be fine and then later that day or the next day it would break. 

I just happened to be making an update to one of the reports and I finally figured out what was going on. I had a few bookmarks that were causing the issue. So the basic reports worked fine but when you would drill down into a report using bookmarks the issue would surface, however, it wasn't obvious at first how it was happening. 

So I've updated all the controls and the bookmarks and everything is working as one would expect at this time. 

Again, thanks for the input. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lmf232s,

I'm sorry I can't reproduce your issue here . Please upgrade it and republish the report on Power BI service again in case the version of your Power BI desktop is not latest . Then check if you still face the same issue. If the issue persisted, could you please provide me the following information?

1. The dropdown slicer which you used in report is Power BI default slicer or custom slicer ?
  2. The field used on slicer is calculated column or normal column ?
  3. Which type of visuals was applied to report ? Have you created any bookmark in report?
  4. Have you changed the display type of slicer from " Dropdown " to " List " in Power BI service after published?

slicer display.jpg

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yiruan-msft, Thanks for the advice. I tried your suggestions and a few other things but nothing was working. The other issue was that I couldn't figure out how to recreate the issue. I'd republish and everything would be fine and then later that day or the next day it would break. 

I just happened to be making an update to one of the reports and I finally figured out what was going on. I had a few bookmarks that were causing the issue. So the basic reports worked fine but when you would drill down into a report using bookmarks the issue would surface, however, it wasn't obvious at first how it was happening. 

So I've updated all the controls and the bookmarks and everything is working as one would expect at this time. 

Again, thanks for the input. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors