Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer Problem

Hi there,

I found that my invoice date format showing MM/DD/YYYY on the slicer visualization after publishing and these happened when I select the type which is "between", "before" and "after"; it looked perfect when I selected "list" or "dropdown".

I do not have this problem in my desktop.

Select slicer type = "between" or "before" or  "after"Select slicer type = "between" or "before" or "after"Select slicer type = "list" or "dropdown"Select slicer type = "list" or "dropdown"

Please advise how could I change my invoice date format showing DD/MM/YYYY.

Thank you.

Rudy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-lili6-msft 

Please see.

Google settings.JPG

It does not work and I still see the same.

USdateformat.JPG

I even created a new slicer using the same field in the datasets section, still the same.

newUSdateform.JPG

Please advise what's next as I need to fix this for my business users. 

Thank you.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

For date slicer, if the type is "list" or "dropdown", the format is based on the data model field format in power bi.

But when the type is "between" or "before" or "after", the format in power bi desktop is based on local computer region setting and in power bi serivce is based on the language setting of the browser, not the format of the current filed.

here is a same post for you refer to:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/How-to-change-the-date-format-in-Power-BI-date-Slicer-which-is/m-p/662967#M65551

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-lili6-msft 

Thank you for your message.

I check and change accordingly based on what been told in the post that you shared, it did not work for me.

Regards,

Rudy

hi, @Anonymous 

Why it did not work for you? Could you share some screenshot with explanation?

Best Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-lili6-msft 

I am using Google Chrome and the language setting as attached.

GoogleChromeLanguageSetting.JPG

Regards,

Rudy

hi, @Anonymous 

I also using Google Chrome and the language setting change to "English (United Kingdom)" as below:

14.JPG13.JPG

---------------------------------------------------------------

11.JPG12.JPG

Best Regards,

Lin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-lili6-msft 

Please see.

Google settings.JPG

It does not work and I still see the same.

USdateformat.JPG

I even created a new slicer using the same field in the datasets section, still the same.

newUSdateform.JPG

Please advise what's next as I need to fix this for my business users. 

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-lili6-msft 

FYI. It looks ok on my business users' laptops but not mine.

I am sad.

Anyway, thanks.

Hi there

I do currently think that it is designed for that to work the way it currently is.

That is my personal understanding!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

I think this might be by design when using the slicer with the between because you can click on the items which will then bring up a calendar picker

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @GilbertQ 

Thank you for your message.

Maybe my message was not described clearly. 😛

Actually, I was asking about the date format displaying which is 4/20/2019 (month/day/year) this is American date format and my business users prefer to have an English date format which is 20/4/2019 (day/month/year).

I tested the types such as between 2 dates and it returns that American date format, but if I change to the listing, dropdown types, the date format will be correct as per attached.

In brief, I want an English date format 20/4/2019 (day/month/year) to be displayed in the slicer visuals.

Regards,

Rudy

hi, @Anonymous 

I tested the types such as between 2 dates and it returns that American date format, but if I change to the listing, dropdown types, the date format will be correct as per attached.

Do you test the solution that I have post above?  for this case, I have explained why and how to solve it.

Best Regards,

Lin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-lili6-msft 

What you wrote is what I had tested and described in my message replied to Gilbert too.

If I switch to list and dropdown type, it looks perfectly good.

However, it is not good when I applied between type, the date format will be showing Month/Day/Year.

So, I am not sure. Is this a bug? 

Thank you.

Regards,

Rudy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors