Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wjkolesar
Advocate II
Advocate II

Slicer Metric Name Changed - Persistent Filter Still Selecting Old Metric Name for Default

I have a slicer that contains metric names and controls what metric is being plotted out.  One of my metric names was changed in the data set and since I have Persistent Filters option on, some people are still seeing the old metric name available in the slicer (if they had left the report while having the old metric name selected).  The graph is also blank, since the metric name no longer exists.  They can switch to the updated metric name and the old one falls off and the graph is populated without issue.

Is there any way to force the new metric name to be the default for those users who are expereince this issue?  Turning off Persistent Filters resolves the issue, but I really would like to keep this option on.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi wjkolesar,

Could you post some screenshots and clarify more details about your issue?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi @v-yuta-msft - I'm attaching a screenshot with my issue - in the first slicer "Occupancy" is selected by default becuase that is how I left the report, with Persistent Filters enabled. 

"Occupancy" was changed in the data set to "Reported Occupancy" - so you can see in the second slicer, as soon as I change my selection to "Reported Occupancy" the "Occupancy" selection falls out of the slicer and is no longer an option. 

Is there anyway to alias "Occupancy" as "Reported Occupancy" in the slicer so that Persistent Filters can remain enabled, but users don't have to switch their selection in the slicer if they happened to leave the report with "Occupancy" selected?

Slicer Issue.PNG

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors