Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DougM
Advocate II
Advocate II

Slicer Dropdown not showing all values

Hi

We have started experiencing an issue where not all values are showing in multiple filter dropdowns - you can consistently scroll down and the list stops at the same place, in the example we are using it stops at B ...

• Using the slicer search for C then populates the list with all values after B or
  • Hitting the Refreah button results in the full list being show

However, once you leave the report and then go back to it, the same issue is encountered

I have tried republishing with Persistent Filters set to Off - no change. We are accessing an Analysis Services tabular model via a gateway

Any suggestions appreciated

Thanks

Doug

7 REPLIES 7
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @DougM,

Based on my test, it could work on my side:

6998A69C.PNG

If I misunderstand you, could you please offer me more information about your problem?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, but the problem persists. It looks like a buffering issue i.e. only a portion of the tabular dimension is loaded to the slicer - note position of the slider bar in image below i.e. it look like the end of the dataset (Image 1)

Hitting refresh, or using the search bar "forces" the rest of the data to be loaded (Image 2)

Regards

Doug

filter.png

Filter2.png

Hi @DougM,

Could you please share some sample file to have a test?

Regards,

Daniel He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sorry Daniel, will not help as the backend is an on-premise Analysis Services tabular model .. Appreciate your help

Regards

Doug

Hi @DougM,

Is the slicer you are using is the Smart Filter by OKViz? 

Regards,

Daniel He

Hi Daniel

No, it is the standard PowerBI Slicer

Regards

Doug

Hi @DougM,

I could not understand the sentence you have posted "Using the slicer search for C then populates the list with all values after B".
I have tested leave the report and go back to it, it still could work on my side:

1.PNG2.PNG

Could you please offer me more information?

Regards,

Daniel He

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors