cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tianfuw Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Slice filter doesnt apply to Export to PowerPoint

Has the problem being fixed? We noticed that when exporting data into PowerPoint via Apps, the filter is not function as user can see all data.

BryanSt Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Whilst saving the report and then exporting is a mutli step work around, it is not a user inutative solution.

If you change the filter on the report and see the changed data being displayed, you would expect that the "export" would export that data to Powerpoint.  

Having users "save" each time they change a filter to a poor solution.

Getting visuals out of PowerBI is a real issue, as in many instances you have to include a single or a number of visuals into a non-PowerBI report, like a submission and the like.  Exporting a entire dashboard is not a targetted solution.  Added to this you cannot export more that 15 pages ro Powerpoint is a big headache as well, if you have a detailed report and only want to export a few pages or visuals.

ccharker Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi

I am trying to get this functionality to work but with no success.

I have created bookmarks (filtering several report pages) and then apply these to the report.  When I download, to powerpoint, non of the filters are applied.

Is there a trick that I am missing??

vinnas_kuttery Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hello Herbert,

Thanks for the video.

The given solution works only for users who has editing previllages to the reports.

We got few reports which shared by another team, and would like to export those into image/powerpoint.

Since it is shared reports, we dont have edit access.

Is there any way to tackle this scenario.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

VK

RitzCracker Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue and the users that need to export to Power BI but do not have the option to edit or save, nor do I want the to.  I agree that the export should reflect what current filters have been selected.  It should look like what you see on the screen! 

I certainly hope they can fix this!

Highlighted
Izolda Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Has any one found the solution for this issue for users with read rights only? 

I have a users that is trying to filter a hand full of reports and export the data into PowerPoint but it is not working.

I was able to reproduce the error. 

Cecm Visitor
Visitor

Did you manage to find a solution for users with read rights only? I have the same issue...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 260 members 2,599 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: