Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mmoizk
Helper III
Helper III

Skype for Business web conferencing and Exchange Online hosted email for business and PowerBI

Hello Experts, We recently got onto office 365 with Skype for Business web conferencing and Exchange Online hosted email for business. So by that our AD will in Microsoft cloud. I am advocating PowerBI for our Business users as an analytical tool in self service BI space. I want to know for sure that if i am a Pro user and i create reports can i share it with anyone in my company as the AD is in cloud ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@mmoizk "Any" - All it takes is one thing. Using a gateway and scheduling a refresh. Using a Group workspace, and any of the other features list here. If you as the report creator use "one" Pro feature with your license. Every single user that you share the content with is required to have a Pro license.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@mmoizk You will have no problem sharing with anyone in your company if they are all in Azure AD. You can also share externally as well. Keep in mind, you mention you are a "Pro" user, if you use pro features in any way in building a report/dashboard, then all your end users will need a Pro license as well.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks Eno(@eno1978), In your below statement i wanted to better understand what that would be? "if you use pro features in any way in building a report/dashboard, then all your end users will need a Pro license as well" Could you please give me an example. The pro featured i used so far are for the schedule refresh and sharing.

@mmoizk "Any" - All it takes is one thing. Using a gateway and scheduling a refresh. Using a Group workspace, and any of the other features list here. If you as the report creator use "one" Pro feature with your license. Every single user that you share the content with is required to have a Pro license.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors