Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dreww12345
Helper I
Helper I

Skiptoken no longer valid error

Hi.

I'm getting the following error message in PBI when trying to load or refresh web service data from one of my tables.

Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] Dynamics NAV: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. (Skiptoken is no longer valid: Item Cross Reference: ,"",EA,Vendor,,). '.

I omitted my companies confidential info from the error message. I use web services for my reports. We change our items and item cross-references all the time in Nav. But this is the first time I'm seeing an error message like this in PBI.

Is this a transient error? I'm looking to get my data refreshed ASAP. Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-xuding-msft the issue eventually resolved on its own. The issue was stemming from Nav web services.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
dreww12345
Helper I
Helper I

I looked in Nav and it doesn't look like the item that is erroring out has even been modified so I have no idea how to troubleshoot

Hi @dreww12345 ,

Do you connect the data source directly in Power BI to test? Can you do it successfully? 

In addition, we can't reproduce the issue and it need to be tested with your report. For security, I recommend you to create a support ticket to get the dedicated support. It is a private and safe way for your data.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you. I did create a support ticket but I am trying to troubleshoot on my own since I urgently need to get my report updated. I can connect to our web services data source but cannot load the one specific table.

Hi @dreww12345 ,

Sorry for I didn't help you. For data security, there are lots of limitations to community support engineers. Sometimes, we can't resolve issue totally.

Have you resolved the issue? If yes, please share your solution or your logic and steps here. More people will benefit from it. 

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

@v-xuding-msft the issue eventually resolved on its own. The issue was stemming from Nav web services.

I got the same error when I would like to connect BC <> PBI. What was the problem with NAV-webservices?

Like to hear from you, kind regards Karel

@dreww12345 @v-xuding-msft 

I'am a bit late for the party.

Got the same error. Then i recognized that i changed the key of the table. So i added the key to the page (and therefore to the webservice) and it worked.

Hi @dreww12345 ,

Glad you have resolved it.🙂 And thanks for sharing the answer. More people will benefit here.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors