Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

sscott0203
Frequent Visitor

Single User keeps loosing access to an App

I submitted a ticket to Microsoft, but figured I would see if anyone in the community has experienced anything like this.

We publish a Power Bi app to a group of users and have 1 user that after a little while of it being published, the app disappears from their list, but he still has access to the workspace.
They can go to Get apps and grab the app again, but are unable to favorite it.  They get an error message when trying to favorite the app and on a page refresh, the app is gone again. 

Error when clicking Favorite:

Activity ID: 36418138-074e-4c00-9854-193f735d47fc

Request ID: d3cea00a-a184-be05-6625-f6f8c2060590

Correlation ID: 8a75041e-8a6f-28be-a6cb-2db9991fd43d

Status code: 400

Time: Mon Mar 28 2022 15:53:06 GMT-0400 (EDT)

Service version: 13.0.17952.39

Client version: 2203.3.10543-train

This is the only user that we are seeing experience the issue.  I can reproduce it with his account on multiple operating systems and browsers.  We unpublished the app, and republished it and it worked for about 2 weeks, and then disappeared on him again.  He is able to Favorite other apps we have published and is just a consumer of the data.  

Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sscott0203
Frequent Visitor

Figured it out, the user had accidently hidden the app.  Navigating to settings in the top right hand corner of his account, general and then hidden items.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Awesome thanks for letting us know!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

sscott0203
Frequent Visitor

Figured it out, the user had accidently hidden the app.  Navigating to settings in the top right hand corner of his account, general and then hidden items.  

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @sscott0203 

It sounds like an issue with the account of the user?

What happens if you had to create a new user account and see if that works?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors