Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sudhakar111
Helper IV
Helper IV

Single Sign on for Power BI

Dear All,

We have a requirement to Authenticate users without providing their credentials.

For Example, when a user clicks on a link to a power bi report it should open directly without asking for credentials.

Regards,

Sudhakar

10 REPLIES 10
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @sudhakar111,

The recipient you shared report with needs a Pro or Free license as they need to log on Power BI service so that they can open the report. If you want recipient can directly open reports via relative links, you could publish report to web and share the link to others. However, this is not security as anyone on the Internet can view your reports, and you have no control over who can see what you've published.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft ,

I have a similar requirement.  Assuming that we have a list of user all with Power BI Pro license to view one core user.  We want to embed the report inside an application in iframe, which all these users will already sign in to active directory.

Is it possible to have SSO on this?

The user has to open the link without publishing on the web, just by clicking the link.

Are all of these users inside of your organization or are they external?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello, I have the same case exposed above but the users are external, how could I do it?

thank you very much for your help

They are all inside the organization.

Then I would look at ADFS or Azure AD Pass Through Authentication.

Latest book!:

Hi,

I am a BI Developer and was looking for solution similar to this to meet such requirement.

Can you please guide me with resources for necessary steps to be take from Power BI developer point of view and what information should I be passing to the Infrastructure team to meet the requirements with the ADFS Server and Power BI solution please?

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You would either need something like ADFS for federated single sign-on, or you should check out the new Azure Pass Through Authentication that they just released in Preview. We are steering most of our customers in that direction now because it is super clean.

Latest book!:

Thanks a lot. Will check it out.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors