Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jkay27
Helper I
Helper I

Single Select Slicer: new feature does not publish properly

The new Single Select Slicer feature works fine in desktop, but if you publish and update an existing report where you have switched a multi-select slicer to a singler slicer (i.e. with radio button), the change is not recognised in PBI service. If you re-publish as an entirely new report, however, this works fine.

Please fix this.

10 REPLIES 10
Friedrich90
Frequent Visitor

Hello, for me to reset the filters on Power BI Workspace to standard helped in this case.
Issue reset Slicer.PNG

lordofthepies

Same for me - once published as a multiselect dropdown, I couldn't publish any changes to the slicer - the only way to do it was to delete the report from my workspace and republish it as new. 

Not a biggie, but not ideal. 

Can confirm this is a good workaround.

What also worked for me was deleting the offending slicer and inserting a new one. Then on publishing the report, it was finally correctly a single-select slicer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can confirm. After I renamed and published the report, the radio buttons appeared. Bazaar.

faizgouri
Employee
Employee

HI,

I am facing the same issue. Single slicer in desktop gets converted to multi-select in published version.

Has anyone found a solution or workaround?
The following link says clearing browser cache helps, but I tried that too but it did not work.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Single-Select-Slicer-not-working-once-published-to-Re...

MC99
Frequent Visitor

i'v found the same problem.

setup as single select in the desktop app - but when published it becomes multiselect.

anyone seen a solution to this ? 

its pretty huge bug.

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jkay27 ,

I have asked the PG Team, they replied that this is by design, the new version of "Single Select" enforces a single selection at all time. See blog post to go back to the previous version single select version, which allows zero elements selected and also shows the eraser: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-march-2019-feature-summary/#singleSelectSl...

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-danhe-msft 

I don't think you're following the issue properly - obviously it's by design that the new version of single select enforces a single selection.

HOWEVER, the issue is that this functionality does not work properly when you publish it from PBI desktop: a multi-select slicer remains in the published version, even when you have changed that existing slicer's type to be a single-select slicer, i.e. the modification made in PBI desktop isn't properly published.

bryker
Frequent Visitor

Hi.  Did you ever hear about a solution to this?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can verify the same functionality.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors