cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkay27
Helper I
Helper I

Single Select Slicer: new feature does not publish properly

The new Single Select Slicer feature works fine in desktop, but if you publish and update an existing report where you have switched a multi-select slicer to a singler slicer (i.e. with radio button), the change is not recognised in PBI service. If you re-publish as an entirely new report, however, this works fine.

Please fix this.

7 REPLIES 7
datadad84
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I can confirm. After I renamed and published the report, the radio buttons appeared. Bazaar.

faizgouri
Microsoft
Microsoft

HI,

I am facing the same issue. Single slicer in desktop gets converted to multi-select in published version.

Has anyone found a solution or workaround?
The following link says clearing browser cache helps, but I tried that too but it did not work.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Single-Select-Slicer-not-working-once-published-to-Re...

MC99
Frequent Visitor

i'v found the same problem.

setup as single select in the desktop app - but when published it becomes multiselect.

anyone seen a solution to this ? 

its pretty huge bug.

v-danhe-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @jkay27 ,

I have asked the PG Team, they replied that this is by design, the new version of "Single Select" enforces a single selection at all time. See blog post to go back to the previous version single select version, which allows zero elements selected and also shows the eraser: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-march-2019-feature-summary/#singleSelectSl...

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-danhe-msft 

I don't think you're following the issue properly - obviously it's by design that the new version of single select enforces a single selection.

HOWEVER, the issue is that this functionality does not work properly when you publish it from PBI desktop: a multi-select slicer remains in the published version, even when you have changed that existing slicer's type to be a single-select slicer, i.e. the modification made in PBI desktop isn't properly published.

bryker
Frequent Visitor

Hi.  Did you ever hear about a solution to this?

Thanks

jch2s
Frequent Visitor

I can verify the same functionality.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Top Solution Authors