Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MartinConroy
Frequent Visitor

Simple way for "free" users to set parameter

Hi,
I've developed a report using my Pro licence and I just want a few "Free" users to be able to set a parameter that amends the data presented. It doesn't seem clear if this is at all possible?
I can't use a url parameter (I don't think) as this just filters the data but doesn't seem to change the underlying parameter.
Am I missing something obvious or do I have to create 3 separate reports with a different setting for the parameter on each?
Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No. Any User Licence can only share with the same licence. If you want to share with free users you need a capacity licence like Premium Capacity. However it's way more expensive because it's for a company with a lot of users. If you are just 3 users the best would be purchasing pro for each one.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MartinConroy
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @ibarrau . I assume upgrading my account to a Premium (per-user) account wouldn't make a difference?

No. Any User Licence can only share with the same licence. If you want to share with free users you need a capacity licence like Premium Capacity. However it's way more expensive because it's for a company with a lot of users. If you are just 3 users the best would be purchasing pro for each one.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi Martin. The thing is that the reader users must have pro licence too. A pro user can't share their work to a free user. All of them should have pro. 

The only way to let them see something is publishing the report to web, but it's consider dangerous because it's a public link that can be find by anyone. If you have sensible data you shouldn't do that. Even tough that link can't have parameters on url. You can add only add visual filters and let them use it.

I hope that helps,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors