Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Simba Netezza Driver

Hi All,

My refreshes are failing frequently with the below error. What should I do to correct this?

Please share the documentation if any.

AnkitKukreja_0-1624346189292.jpeg

Thanks,

Ankit

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

The issue was with the gw and Simmba Connector.
Updated the gw to the latest version and also reinstalled the connector (64 bit).

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ankit,

Even After Upgrading Gateway  to June-2021, we still have same error. 

AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

The issue was with the gw and Simmba Connector.
Updated the gw to the latest version and also reinstalled the connector (64 bit).

Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AnkitKukreja 

Has your problem been solved ? If it has been solved, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AnkitKukreja 

Has your refresh been successful before ?

(1)Could you refresh in Power BI Desktop ?If yes , there is no problem with your data source.

(2)Then check your gateway in Service ,if display online , there is no problem with gateway .

(3)Check the connection in Manage Gateways , find the corresponding data source and check whether the connection is successful.

Ailsamsft_0-1624519746801.png

(4)In settings=>dataset=>Gateway connection, check if your dataset and data source match .

Follow the above steps to eliminate one by one, and finally find out the cause .

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @AnkitKukreja ,

looks for me like the driver is not properly working on the Gateway machine.

Did you install the 64 bit ODBC driver of Simba Netezza Driver? The gateway runs on 64 bit and for that reason needs a 64 bit ODBC driver.

Can you check if on the gateway machine you can start Power BI Desktop and connect to the ODBC source?

This has to work in order for the gateway to work.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors