Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

klayton
Frequent Visitor

Signing in to client’s Power BI Service

Hello,

I am currently working on a project to implement Power BI for a client. Part of the service is to set up all of the settings in their admin portal. But, this is where I am running into trouble.

The client has added me as a guest user in their Azure B2B and also assigned me a Power BI pro license and given me Admin permission.

However, they used my business email which is also attached to my company's Power BI license so when I sign in to Power BI I am taken to my own company's Power BI Service and I don't see an option to switch to my client's Power BI Service.

Does anyone know how I can access my client's Power BI Service? 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks PBI Community.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Just wanted to let everyone know that this was a Microsoft issue, and it was resolved for me yesterday. The command started working again after about 48 hours. 

Thank you.

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @klayton ,

You could check principal name in the User tab of Azure Active Directory. Or try to sign out and click the link in the shared email to access Power BI Service.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be able to sign out in the top right hand corner of your Power BI instance for your company. After that, clear all of your cookies, and then close all of your browser windows.

Then when you revisit the https://app.powerbi.com page, you'll be prompted for login credentials. When you enter the credentials, use your service principal name instead of your company email. 

Service principal would be in the format of " DOMAIN\Username ". Which should use the client's domain, and not your own company's.

This looked very promising as I could see my client's domain at the bottom, but when I tried my login credentials it says that the password is wrong (which I know it is not). Even if I try to click 'Forgot password' it just takes me to a page that says to contact my admin.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately that means that your client's tenant is locking you out due to security restrictions. They either have you locked to only certain networks can access their environment, or they have some type of multi-factor authentication setup that you'll need to be able to utilize.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors