Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear all,

As part of the process to signup for Power BI, I got an email to verify my email address (work email) with a "Yes, that's me" link. The link goes to a "Create your account" page which says, "We sent a verification code to {email address}. Enter the code to complete signup." But I didn't receive any code and there is no mechanism to request or receive a code.

Please help me!

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi , it seems under the revised process, there is NO Verification code".. I posted a 6 steps process . give that a try and if that does not work, then MS PBI experts will have to step in

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Ronnykelvin

The same Sign-UP issue, I have created a Dashboard at Power BI for the first time, now want to publish it to present it in front of my director, now it's not getting published due to SignUP issue, although, I have signed up earlier with same ID now it is showing error in that

Nick_C

I have this issue 

I'm trying to add a new domain to office 365 and it says that other people have already signed up with my new domain name and I need to verify that I'm admin

This then makes me sign up for power BI but doesn't send me the email with the verification code attached

Is there any update when it will be working?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear all,

As part of the process to signup for Power BI, I got an email to verify my email address (work email) with a "Yes, that's me" link. The link goes to a "Create your account" page which says, "We sent a verification code to {email address}. Enter the code to complete signup." But I didn't receive any code and there is no mechanism to request or receive a code.

Please help me!

Thank you!

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

From your description, it seems that you didn't receive the email about the verification code, right?

Please login your email address which used to sign up Power BI account, check if the email is in Inbox or Junk Email folder. Sometimes, it will be a delay send a email, please wait for a while. Also please follow this article to sign up the Power BI: Self-service sign up for Power BI.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I tried several times, but still I didn't receieve any verification code. I checked both Inbox and Junk email folder. I only received an email with "yes that's me" link.

How about clicking the "yes that's me" link?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

after click 'thats me, it takes me to this page that ask me for Verfication code. I  (we) never receive the code.

How do we get the code?

Capture.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi , I have identical issue.. Look forward to resolution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here - I don't get the email not Inbox not junk

Please help

@Anonymous@Anonymous Sorry for the late response. I sent a email consulting the senior member about this issue and waiting for the response. Will keep you updated once I get any feedback.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft Thank you very much.

Do you need me to send you the email address I am trying to sigh up with?

@Anonymous@Anonymous I got the information internally, they need Fiddler trace to analyze on their side. Please share it here. And I don't get the information that they need the email address now, if it's required, I would let you know.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

I am having the same issue. Not receiving a Verification Code when signing up for a new account. Received a "Yes, that's me" email with the subject "Finish signing up for Microsoft Power BI".

Please share Fiddler trace file with us. You can capture the trace when you sign up follow links below:

Fiddler Trace Collection and Analysis

How to Capture Fiddler Trace

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

@@v-qiuyu-MS

Thank you, Qiuyun, I have captured the Fiddler file, but I would like to send it to you securely in Private Message or by e-mail.

I don't feel comfortable sharing it in forum.

Please tell me how would you like me to submit it.

My email is (the one I am trying to sing up with): mshparber@intel-biz.com

Thank you

Michael

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft

Please help!

I cannot sign-up because I don't receive the "Welcome e-mail"

I cannot start working with Power BI

Please help!

Thank you

Hi all,

Please try to open the verification link (yes, that’s me) in a new private window to see if issue persists.

If it's not working, please feel free let me know.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe it worked.. Thought I share the practical set up process. signup.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft

I still don't get the email with the link or code..

So in the steps that @Anonymous posted I get to step 4 which says to check the email but I never get to step 5 since I never get the email.

Pleeeeeease help!

Thank you!

Michael

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi , it seems under the revised process, there is NO Verification code".. I posted a 6 steps process . give that a try and if that does not work, then MS PBI experts will have to step in

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors