Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Koji02ex
Regular Visitor

Sign in is needed everyday for power bi free user in viewing pbi reports in teams tabs

Hi, i'm Koji.

I'm facing the trouble that sign in is needed everyday for pbi free user in viewing reports in teams tabs.

Environment and situation is below:

• Uers in a company(i'm belonging) is using Teams Desktop. "teams" means "Teams Desktop".
  • Power BI reports are on workspace which is backed premium license(Power BI Premium EM2)
  • Access settings both power bi service(workspace) and teams are correct(i think.). at Power bi service, free users are as viewer.
  • In above condition, I expected to free users can view power bi reports on teams tabs, with sign on first time only, then they can view reports tabs with no sign on(needed.)(the sign on info would be stored, then sign on is no more needed)
  • But, a few free users are needed sign on everyday. if they sign on once in the day, the sign on is no more needed. but next day, it is needed.(alomost free users, once they sign on, they can access with no sign in)
  • ***appedix: ""sign on needed"" is displayed at teams power bi tabs, then click [sign on], a default browser opens the O365 login dialog, then login, jump to power bi service home. browsers are chrome or chromium Edge.***
  • So far, I checked cookie setting on browsers whether cookies(include sign on info) are deleted everyday. But trouble is going.

If you have any ideas for solve this trouble, please tell me.

Or if the Power BI Premium EM license is not enough to this usage, also please tell me.

Best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Koji02ex ,

Are all your free users in your organization? I think external users needs to get access token to sign in to your Power BI tenant to see your Embeded Report. And these tokens will expire, so next time they may need to sign in again, this is to protect your data security.

You may refer to offical blogs to learn more details about embed report in Teams.

For reference:

Embed Power BI content in Microsoft Teams

Collaborate in Microsoft Teams with Power BI

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Koji02ex ,

Are all your free users in your organization? I think external users needs to get access token to sign in to your Power BI tenant to see your Embeded Report. And these tokens will expire, so next time they may need to sign in again, this is to protect your data security.

You may refer to offical blogs to learn more details about embed report in Teams.

For reference:

Embed Power BI content in Microsoft Teams

Collaborate in Microsoft Teams with Power BI

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, @v-rzhou-msft 

Thank you for your comments!

Regarding to questions:

All free users are in my organization. But my organization is so large that users would be separated any classes(ex. 1st class companies, 2nd class companies....). It is perhaps that some user's access tokens would expire, then users are needed login.

Regarding to reference:

It's so much useful to me. Thank you for telling me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors