Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CESARADVINCULA
Frequent Visitor

Sign Authentication URL

Hello,

Is a posibility to get authenticated in power bi using just the URL?

Regards,

Cesar

7 REPLIES 7
rikBI
Helper I
Helper I

Hi, It is possible to Sign in automaticly using the App, maybe that is a solution for you. The app supports Single sign on (windows 10)

CESARADVINCULA
Frequent Visitor

Hi, Indeed, but what i want to avoid if there are some parameters that i can use to log in and direct go to a report? instead of going to app.powerbi.com and write my user and password?

Hi there,

What I have is Google Chrome which remembers my password. So when I go to app.powerbi.com it goes straight in. And if I had a bookmark saved it would go directly there.

There also is an option to add a Power BI Report as a shortcut in Outlook

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

For instance, in the obiee, there is some parameters to authentication and go directly for a report.

https://santoshbidw.wordpress.com/2011/09/02/passing-user-name-password-in-the-obiee-url/ 

Hi there

Unfortunately as far as I am aware that cannot be done.

This will ensure that the person has to log in and someone can not spoof the URL and then gain access to your data.

Power BI Blog

this is a good move, but not for all users that i want they to have edit privileges, for the data source that I published.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there,

As far as I understood you have to log in with your account in order to be authenticated so that you can see your data

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors