Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Showcasing user level slicers for each report

Hello All,

We have PowerBI premium license configured for our environment. As part of this license we are using a customized SharePoint application to showcase the PowerBI reports. When any users logs into the site, we pull the necessary customer info/number that user is tagged to and filter the PowerBI data accordingly.

Now a new requirement has come in where management team wants to showcase "customer" based slicers i.e. a slicer showcased to customer of one user shouldn't be visible to customers of other users. I couldnt find any way to do it, but if someone can let me know if this is even possible?

Thanks,

AKB 

4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I'm not following this completely.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Greg_Deckler - Thanks of responding.

I am looking for a solution on these lines. 

image.png

Customer A and B both use login credentials to sign into SharePoint site. SharePoint site has PowerBI Premium link embedded. But based on company details, PowerBI report slicers would be different for each Customer . There are 200+ different Customers registered on the SharePoint site.

Hmm @Anonymous if they all had the same slicers but just different information in the slicers, that would be possible via RLS. Conditionally showing or hiding visuals you could perhaps use bookmarks if you can tap into the correct bookmark for each customer. So, create a bookmark for each customer that shows their slicers. Then when you render the report, automatically go to the correct bookmark for the customer. I have no idea if that is even possible but the only thing I can think of.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for response. Let me check if this bookmark option is possible via SharePoint embedded link.

Cheers & Stay Safe.

AKB

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors