Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vmonu
Helper II
Helper II

Show images from folder based on data records selected

Good day all,

I have lots of images (say employees) in a folder (many of them)

Based on the data selected say Employee 1 , i want to show the image for that employee from the folder.

All the Slicers, Image viewer etc., shows only the Link for the folder but not the image 😞

If there is an alternative way just to show the file path for the image ..so the user can click and then the image shows up in separate window is also okay (like an explorerer file command).

How can i do that..

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

MN

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @vmonu ,

There is a video that may help you. 

Import images in Power BI from local sources

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
vmonu
Helper II
Helper II

Upon further research... i came to know that you can't display the image from the local folder becasue of the Auth issue...

Now the question is... Can you just show that IMAGE location as a link so it can be opened in Windows (like Explorer file command etc.,)

Thanks

MN

Hi @vmonu ,

You could change data category to image URL in Power BI Desktop. Then it will show per image automatically.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The problem is the image NOT in the url... It's in the local folder... (multiple images say employee photos_

So , unless it's not showing (based on what i read thru you and other posts)  unless i convert each of them.

Is there any other option say ( just give the folder path alone... say C:\local\employee1.jpg) and thereby the user clicking it opens an IE or webbrower to show the image... (like using the file command etc.,)

Thanks again for your help

MN

Hi @vmonu ,

There is a video that may help you. 

Import images in Power BI from local sources

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Thanks @v-xuding-msft . That's a good solution.

Is there another way to just open windows explorer from PBI ( as that way , i don't need to convert  to base64 images).

Also the reason is my images will all be in multiple subfolders based on dept, employee history etc., so if i can invoke showing windows explorer , then i can show the file path and the user can click it to see the images.

If that's not possible then i will have to live with this.

Best

MN

Hi @vmonu ,

For now, we only can open  windows explorer when changing the data category of columns to URL. 

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors