Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

etescher
Frequent Visitor

Show disabled state in button

Hi again,

Adding to my last Button question...  There are four states associated with Button-> Fill.  I would like button to show "Disabled" state when adjacent Button is pressed.  Essentially I want to use buttons as tabs that will activate bookmarks that display or hide visuals.  It would look slick if I pressed one tab, and that tab fill after being press shows in default state while adjacent tab has "disabled" state fill.  Can that be done?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @etescher ,

That can be done simply by using bookmarks.

Hopefully you are talking about using tabs/buttons to switch pages and when switch, active tab should be shown differently.

All you have to do is change the default state fill color in both pages and apply bookmarks in action to navigate to one another.

Check below image(Grey background for active):

tabs.PNG

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

View solution in original post

thanks!  I did figure that out, but wondered if there was a slick way with one button.  Thanks for all your help.  I am trying to learn the product as quickly as possible.  

@etescher ,

It's all about tricks and placements. If you want 1 button, again bookmarking can be done for that.

instead of 2 different buttons for tab1 and tab2, keep 1 button only. Place them in exact same position in both your pages. Fill color them differently and change the button text.

Also, you can always refer youtube videos for such tricks and tips. You'll be amazed what all we can achieve through bookmarking and selection panel. Tabs, pop-up buttons, slider button and what not.

All the best with you power bi journey 🙂

Kudos are appreciated !!!

3 REPLIES 3
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @etescher ,

That can be done simply by using bookmarks.

Hopefully you are talking about using tabs/buttons to switch pages and when switch, active tab should be shown differently.

All you have to do is change the default state fill color in both pages and apply bookmarks in action to navigate to one another.

Check below image(Grey background for active):

tabs.PNG

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

thanks!  I did figure that out, but wondered if there was a slick way with one button.  Thanks for all your help.  I am trying to learn the product as quickly as possible.  

@etescher ,

It's all about tricks and placements. If you want 1 button, again bookmarking can be done for that.

instead of 2 different buttons for tab1 and tab2, keep 1 button only. Place them in exact same position in both your pages. Fill color them differently and change the button text.

Also, you can always refer youtube videos for such tricks and tips. You'll be amazed what all we can achieve through bookmarking and selection panel. Tabs, pop-up buttons, slider button and what not.

All the best with you power bi journey 🙂

Kudos are appreciated !!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors